Organization Guidelines for Library and Information Commission of National Kaohsiung University
As discussed and approved at the Library and Information Commission’s organization & book recommendation and purchase procedures symposium on September 26, 2000
Passed by the 6th Administrative Meeting on October 24, 2000
Revised and Passed by the Library Committee Meeting on Octoberl 25, 2006
Passed by the Library Committee Meeting on November 2, 2011
Revised and Passed by the 122th Administrative Meeting on April 13, 2012
In accordance with the 144th Administrative Meeting on April 10,2015 to Amend Legislation format
Article 1 The Library and Information Commission (hereafter referred to as the “Commission”) is purposefully established by the University to improve business of the Library and Information Center and further its development.
Article 2 The Commission is formed by the curator of the Library and Information Center, commission members from the General Education Center and various colleges, departments and institutes and, where necessary, persons involved invited to the meeting. Any one of such members shall be subject to recommendation by the dean/director of the college, department or institute he/she is from.
Article 3 Members of the Commission serve a term of one (1) year.
Article 4 Members of the Commission are assigned with the duties and tasks as follows:
1. Rendering coordination and cooperation on the purchase and management of books and information for various colleges, departments and institutes of the University;
2. Reviewing and discussing essential rules and regulations for the Library and Information Center;
3. Giving suggestions on business development for the Library and Information Center of the University;
4. Conducting review and discussion on the development of computer rooms, internet access and networks, information facilities and others of the University;
5. Giving suggestions on the establishment of the School Administrative Affairs System; and
6. Giving suggestions on issues in relation to library and information service of the University.
Article 5 The Commission shall convene upon a call by the curator of the Library and Information Center, who is also Chairman of the convention, and shall convene once every school term or, where necessary, from time to time.
Article 6 This Regulations is approved by the Library and Information Committee. and shall be promulgated after it is sanctioned by the president. The same will apply in the case of amendments and revisions.
These Regulations shall take effect from the date of promulgation.