NUK LIC Audiovisual Appreciation Area Services & Management Highlights
Passed by the 49th Administrative Meeting on April 20, 2004
Passed by the 51st Directors Meeting on January 6, 2009
Revised by the 2nd Library Committee Meeting on May 15, 2012
Revised by the 1st Library Committee Meeting on December 17, 2014
Revised by the 144th Administrative Meeting on April 10, 2015
1. The National University of Kaohsiung Library (hereinafter referred to as the Library) aims to provide users with the collections of multimedia audio-visual materials for teaching, research, learning and legitimate leisure activities. It has specially set aside an audio-visual appreciation area (hereinafter referred to as the Area), and hence formulated "NUK LIC Audiovisual Appreciation Area Services & Management Highlights ".
2. Services provided are as follows:
2.1 Viewing service for the collection of multimedia audio-visual materials.
2.2 Music channel appreciation service.
2.3 Use of audio and video viewing area.
2.4 Use of auditorium.
3. Service hours are as follows:
3.1 During regular semester hours, 8:30 AM to 9:30 PM from Monday to Friday; 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM for Saturdays and Sundays.
3.2 During vacation, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM from Monday to Saturday; closed on Sundays.
3.3 Opening hours are separately announced to change during national holidays and summer/ winter vacations or under special circumstances.
4. Faculty, staff and students of NUK, interlibrary cooperation users and outsiders may enter the Area to use collection and equipment. However, in order to protect the rights of students and staff of the university have priority in using the Area.
5. Information regarding borrowing and use of equipment is as follows:
5.1 There is instruction manual available for all equipment and devices in the Area, the users can read it themselves or ask the service personnel for guidance.
5.2 The Area adopts an open-shelf display approach allowing users take their own material. Users can choose their own materials and seat to view the materials. There is no need to return the material to the shelf after use. However, please place the used materials in return area, and the service personnel will place them back onto the shelves.
5.3 Before using audio-visual materials, please check whether audio-visual materials are working. If found to be damaged, please notify staff at the counter and register.
5.4 All audiovisual collections and accessories in the Area are limited for the use in the Area and cannot be borrowed out. However, full time or part-time faculty can present necessary documentation/certificates to the service counter to apply for loan for teaching purposes. The loan period is five days. The use of collection outside the Area should comply with the relevant regulation of intellectual property rights. Borrower should bear the full legal responsibility for violation of the regulations.
5.5 Please check whether the audiovisual information is complete and not damaged before check out.
5.6 Return timing of check out material is regulated according to the regulation of the Area. Materials should be returned the personally to the service counter, book drop cannot be used.
5.7 Personal multimedia and audiovisual equipment should not be used in the Area.
5.8 It is strictly prohibited to move the any audio-visual equipment, devices in the Area, and copy or transcript audiovisual information.
5.9 Please keep the multimedia audio-visual materials clean, do not touch the surface of the disc or magnetic surface with bare hands to prevent scratching. If the multimedia audio-visual materials come with summary or other printed materials, they should not be drawn on or damaged.
5.10 Please ensure silence and cleanliness of the Area. Eating, drinking, making noise or performing other misconduct affecting the peacefulness of library will result in termination of user rights.
6. Information for use of audio and video viewing area is as follows:
6.1 The Area will select the program for broadcasting throughout the day at the audio and video viewing area, individual reader can seat in at any time to enjoy.
6.2 To facilitate viewing of multi-media materials in group, if the number of users is more than three (including three), the borrower may apply at the service counter with necessary documentation/certificates to decide the audio-visual materials to be broadcasted.
7. "NUK LIC Group Viewing Auditorium Usage Agreement" is also applicable for the use of auditorium.
8. Damages compensation and penalty regulations are as follows:
8.1 Before the use of any information, one should read the instruction material or ask the librarian for guidance. Please be careful when operating the equipment, one is held responsible for any damage or loss.
8.2 When one damages the equipment in the center, one shall be responsible for repair of equipment back to its original state within a week; if it cannot be repaired, one should purchase of a new equipment of the same model within a month.
8.3 If one has outstanding loan of audiovisual materials for teaching purposes more than more than three times (including three times) in a semester, the right to loan information will be terminated for the semester. If materials are found to be damaged when returned, borrower is held responsible for compensation.
8.4 When lost or damaged the loan materials, the borrower shall purchase a new set of materials of the same edition or newer edition within two months for compensation; if the information is no longer reprinted or available, one will purchase audiovisual material deemed by the center of relevant lecturer as appropriate for compensation.
9. If users outside the school wish to use the audio-visual materials and electronic resources of the school, they will be charged NT $ 30 dollars of equipment use fees every tow hours. This is only applicable for users who have exchanged pass (i.e. charge does not apply for people like family members, alumni and interlibrary loan).
10. If there are other outstanding issues, the center will make announcement.
11. The highlights is passed by library committee meetings, and shall be promulgated after it is sanctioned by the president. The same will apply in the case of amendments and revisions.